Looking to switch up your meal routine with a dish that's not only delectable but also packed with nutrients? Look no further than this zesty Lemon and Asparagus Pasta tossed in Selo Croatian Olive Oil! This pasta is a deliciously satisfying and easy to make dish that is perfect for spring and summer.
The asparagus not only adds a burst of bright green color but is also a powerhouse of nutrients, including fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells. And lemon, with its tangy acidity, is a rich source of vitamin C and aids in digestion.
However, the real game-changer in this dish is the Selo Croatian Olive Oil. This high-quality, extra-virgin olive oil is made from olives hand-picked in the Croatian countryside, giving this oil an incredibly fresh and distinctive flavor that elevates this dish to new heights.
How to Create a Flavorful Lemon and Asparagus Pasta?
Use high-quality ingredients: Start with fresh asparagus and a ripe, juicy lemon. Use high-quality pasta - whole wheat or a gluten-free version if preferred. And most importantly, use Selo Croatian Olive Oil for its rich, full-bodied flavor.
Balance your flavors: The tangy lemon should complement the taste of the asparagus and olive oil, not overpower them. Adjust the quantities as per your taste preference.
Don't overcook the asparagus: Asparagus should be cooked until it's just tender. Overcooking will cause it to lose its texture and nutritional value.
Use the pasta water: Before you drain your pasta, reserve some of the pasta water. It's starchy and salty and can be used to adjust the consistency of your sauce, helping it to stick to the pasta better.
Finish with a touch of freshness: A sprinkle of fresh herbs, like parsley or basil, can add a burst of fresh flavor at the end. Also, consider adding some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra richness.
Can You Prepare This Pasta Dish in Advance?
Yes, you can cook the pasta and asparagus in advance, but it's best to combine all the ingredients and add the olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings just before serving. This way, the pasta absorbs the fresh flavors and doesn't become soggy or oily.
What Cheese Pairs Best with This Dish?
A hard, flavorful cheese like Parmesan or Pecorino Romano would work best with this dish. The salty, umami taste of these cheeses pairs perfectly with the freshness of the asparagus and tanginess of the lemon. However, feel free to experiment with your favorite cheeses.
So, why not give this Lemon and Asparagus Pasta with Selo Croatian Olive Oil a try? It's a delicious way to enjoy the fresh flavors of the season while also reaping the health benefits of these wonderful ingredients. Enjoy!
Zesty Lemon and Asparagus Pasta
Selo Olive Oil
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Croatian extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for garnish)
- Cook the linguine pasta according to the package instructions until it is al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until it is tender-crisp. Drain the asparagus and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until it is fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta and asparagus to the skillet and toss to coat evenly with the lemon sauce.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet and toss to combine.
- If the pasta seems dry, add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta cooking water to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Lemon and Asparagus Pasta hot, garnished with red pepper flakes if desired.
Leave a comment: